DWQA QuestionsCategory: QuestionsAdult Genetic Counselor
Judy Hardesty asked 2 years ago
How do I find an adult genetic counselor?  Looking through my medical files, I found that I tested positive for FAOD 3 years ago, but my GP made no mention of it to me.  I’m 52 and have been telling her since 2014 that I’m exhausted and thought I may have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

I’m located near Indianapolis and have only been able to find pediatric resources for FAOD.  I also am compound heterozygous Mthfr. Please advise.

1 Answers
INFORM Physician answered 2 years ago
Ms. Hardesty, A diagnosis of an FAO is unlikely to have been adequately made by any test that a PCP had sent. I suggest you be seen in the metabolic clinic at the University of Indiana School of Medicine in Indianapolis. Their clinic phone = 317-944-3966; clinic fax = 317-968-1354. Hope this helps. Dr. Vockley